Thursday, December 15, 2005

Little Help on Post Holiday Weight Loss

You gotta plan ahead. So I'm tossing (smile) you a recipe that's easy and tasty.

I can't help you with the name. You are on your own.

I can't do the onions though, I like them but they come back to haunt me about six hours later.


MUNGO SALAD

Salad:

  • 1 head Romaine lettuce (may add a head of iceberg)
  • 5 or 6 green onions
  • 6 to 8 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled
  • 1 cup shredded Provel & Fontinella cheese combined (may substitute Provolone)

Dressing:

  • 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dried dressing mix
  • ¼ cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • ½ cup oil
  • 1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar

Combine salad ingredients. Mix dressing ingredients in cruet and add to salad as desired.

Just lending a hand to lighten your fork,

Editor

No comments: